Review: Blue Love by MJ Field

I am guilty as charged to gone AWOL for quite a while. There shouldn't be any reason to not fulfil my scheduled deadline (aka blog posts) even though it is quite a juggle to reach equilibrium between book reviewing, academic, and personal life. 
My deep apology, i shall try my best.
~Emiko


Blue Love Blog Tour BannerSynopsis

In this New Adult / College, Coming of Age story Tessa Ross tries to fight her attraction to bad boy Lucas Links. He is hot, arrogant, and has a sexual past that most boys his age could only dream of, (If they even knew they could dream of such things).

Lucas, the star quarterback seems to have it all, super star athletic abilities, expensive clothes, cars, and women who literally stop just to watch him walk by. On the outside he appears to have it all.
Tessa is a young woman who lives her life always doing what is right to make everyone else happy. She tries desperately to hold herself accountable to the demanding expectations of her family and everyone around her.
Is Tessa as innocent as she appears? Is Lucas just a spoiled young man who seems to have what every male, and female wants?

If you Love an emotional story that is full of spicy hot goodness. If you Love to follow a story from beginning until the bitter sweet end. If you are often left wondering what happened next... get your tissues and lip balm ready you are in for the read of your life.

As we all know, you should never judge a book by it's cover.

Rating: 3 stars

Thank you for Debra at Book Enthusiast Promotions and MJ Field for the Book Tour opportunity!

For a not-so-rookie author, MJ Field has done quite a good job with Blue Love. On the business side, she has done her market research well. New Adult - especially contemporary ones are 'the bomb' right now. On the literary side, I love that the book is a big one! I got to know the characters more and with the different point of views, there are more twist to the plot. What a treat that it's book one of the Love series!

The structure of this book is good, though with some editing, it could enhance the book better. Especially around voicing embodiment of the POVs and some grammar structure (yes, I'm a bit freaky on that). Interestingly, Field uses a few key characters as the narrator of the story. It's quite challenging to pull it off successfully, and Field has casually succeed in that with just a few mishaps. There are just something with Field's writing that hooks the readers to be entertained from start to finish. 

Reading from the description, I thought it was eerily prophetic for the last words to be "never judge a book by it's cover" for it was true that the book has more depth than what the author has hinted. The plot twist were at times unpredictable and let me tell you - their high school experience is more dramatic than Pretty Little Liars!

The characters were entertaining, and this book is one of the rare occasion where I truly like the heroine. Tessa, our heroine is sassy and funny and loving towards her loved ones. The holy trinity of my approval *smiles* The pairing with Lucas however is a bit  like Marmite. In some scenes, they are hot and sweet HOWEVER there was some particular scene where I was like completely against it (read it to get what I mean). It is not that Lucas is a mean, irritating character - he's crazy for Tessa! but he's really lost and chased by his past that at times he let it rule his decisions. 

This book is definitely enjoyable to read with the fun characters and interesting twists of plot. p.s. the magic happens after chapter three.

Meet the Author

I am a very new self published writer. I will tell you I have always had a very vivid imagination. Starting at age 3 (as it states in my Baby Book).

Sigma was my very first love (imaginary boyfriend). He lived about fifteen miles from my childhood home, (a farm). I took him chicken noodle soup every night on one of our families snowmobiles, (Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring). Apparently he was very ill and "Thank God" I was able to take care of him.

Next was my very first self publishing gig. At eight my cousins and I (and yes I was the president) wrote a newsletter and sold it to our family members.

Years later I decided to put it back into print to entertain my cousin as she was on an aircraft carrier on 9/11 (Kick ass cousin BTW) and very far away from home during a very scary time for our country, (protecting our butts).

Fast forward to 2012. I read 50 shades and thought, I can do that, (meaning writing). I have two complete series The Love Series, and Wrapped. I have two new series Burning Souls and Men of Steel. Ten books in 13 months. CrAzY and wonderful.

I love love! ( I would love to reference Pinks new song here, however I am not sure if that would cause copyright issues.)I also tend to enjoy watching people grow and change with self realization and moments of clarity that just sneak up behind you and smack you in the head. I love people and have always been able to see both sides of a story. Each person that comes into our life leaves us with something it is what we choose to do with it that helps us grow.

I live in central New York in the middle of nowhere and am surrounded by family and friend most the time. I run a small business out of my home and spend time reading and doing the typical Mommy things. Our house is full of pets and friends and noise ninety percent of the time, and I would have it no other way.
I love people,music, laughter, hugs, and books.

Social Links
goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47
Buy the Book
FINAL COVER BLUE LOVE
SALE
bluelove
giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Follow the Tour
November 18
November 19
November 20
November 21
Blue Love Blog Tour Button

Book Enthusiast Promotions

0 comments:

Post a Comment